Friday 29 February 2008

Building A Hero

Building the 2D version of Mr Space wasn't too hard and didn't throw up too many problem. However now this process is complete I feel it might have been better to try using vectors to achieve this effect. The UV texturing was incredibly simple and didn't give me any problems.

Building the 3D model has been a different matter. Obviously buiding the arms and legs have posed few problems and the introduction of creases within the joints has been a good addition. The hands or should I say gloves were half as bad as I thought they might be. the only issue with the gloves has been shaping them to a desired result. The biggest problem apart from the head has been the jacket. I can't quite tell if it's just a mental block but I couldn't work out how to achieve this, but I got there in the end. Maybe most unsurorisingly has been the challenges posed by the head.  I'm finding I don't always know what I am doing and sometimes I know what to do but i don't know why I'm doing it.

Anyway with all this said I got there in the end and without half the trauma I expected. In fact dare I say I quite enjoyed the experience, although I could have done with another week or so. This was not because I couldn't have got it done on time but because I found it quite an enjoyable exploration. In the context of learning it would have been great too experiment by rebuilding elements over again in an aim to realise this model.

No comments: